Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bouton d'Blow

So a brief follow-up is in order on the post below. I am toiling away on the Bouton d'Or sweater, in all its gorgeousness and lacy loveliness, but WHO THE HELL WROTE THE PATTERN!? Now I am a very experienced crocheter, and those that know me also know that I am not one to blow my own horn readily. I rarely meet the pattern that exceeds my skill set, but this one is a test of my patience. Honestly, after the experience working with this pattern, I would not consider blowing money on a Bouton d'Or pattern book. The pattern is working (though not without extensive frogging) only due to perseverance and determination to see it through. (A side thought -- blogging as you go on a project is a little like going to Weight Watchers. You really can't fool yourself when everyone's watching.)

I'd be curious to know if anyone else has worked this pain-in-the-ass pattern and what they thought of it. I will post pics, I promise, but right now I picking up the hair I'm ripping out of my head as I do this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that d'Blow from the Latin?

Subway Hooker said...

Why yes, Scarlett, it most certainly is! Leave it to a Yalie...