Sunday, January 4, 2009

Obsessed


Ohmigod. This knitting thing is already waaay out of control. The hundreds of vintage patterns I have with knitting along with crochet suddenly make sense to me. (Way) more than half the patterns on ravelry suddenly represent possibility, not roadblocks. And I've spent more time than I care to admit downloading free pattern after free pattern.

Suddenly, the needles inherited from my mom have a new prominence in my workroom, which, by the way, is beginning to slowly look more and more like a place to create, not one to hide from prying eyes.

What's happened to me?

It's fun to be able to look at sites like brooklyn tweed and knitty with at least some crude understanding of what the hell is going on. And, with the help of YouTube and the many kind people who share their infinite knowledge and experience, it's possible for even a rube like me to learn a new trick or two.

Hot Damn!

But worry not, I've not given up the hook nor my hard-won title of SubwayHooker, but it is so, so, very sweet to be getting somewhere with a new old craft.

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

Totally with you there. Its not as scary as I imagined it to be.