Sunday, October 19, 2008

Honk if You're Horny!

So hubs and I sojourned up to Rhinebeck yesterday for the annual Sheep & Wool festivities. Traffic to and from was beyond horrible with a net result of more time spent tensed up in the car than at the festival itself. Fellow revelers can attest to the fact that it was colder than a witch's teat, too. Bitch, bitch, bitch.
All that said, the fall colors with ablaze, as my photos prove. And so were the other attendees. It was a little like an Easter Parade, really, with everyone wearing their handmade finery.

Actually, I'm presuming the sock lady above made those. If she did, she should be very proud! And there was luscious yarns a-plenty, too!
And so many ravelry folks! Because of the aforementioned traffic issues, we missed the big meet and greet, I'm sad to say. But I did get what I'd come for: a drop spindle and a bag of Blue-faced Leicester roving with which I will learn to spin my own damn yarn. My dear friend Inga at rockpoolcandy has been luring me to the dark side, as she calls it, and I have caved in with great delight.

But in my search for the perfect spindle, I saw these beauties and had to wipe up the drool:
Now I wish I'd spent more time poking around. I missed a few places this time out, dammit.

And speaking of dammit, I tried to make that same bread as last week. Different yeast, same results. It tastes good enough, but why the hell isn't it rising? Next week, I'm trying the white bread....

1 comment:

Crafty Christina said...

Rhinebeck looks like it was a blast. Sucks that it was so cold though. Too awesome that you're learning to spin.