Saturday, January 5, 2008

October 3, 2007

Okay, so listen up. There are some things you need to know about me. Though not a religous person, I do have what I consider to be "high holy days." My loved ones know what they are: Coney Island's Mermaid Parade, the Ninth Avenue International Food Festival, and The Atlantice Antic, the mother of all street fairs. Last Sunday was the Antic. We wandered in at the Flatbush Avenue end of the fair. I was on the phone to our dear friend Lucky who was taking time away from work to read me the the culinary highlights of the fair and where to find them. I wasn't thinking about hooking. I was thinking about food.

So the next thing I know, I've come upon the crochet stylings of Nacinimod, an amazing hooker with style to spare. Then Kephera, and Sue Rock, and Angie and Denize followed -- all fabulous artists. I was thrilled to see these talented people working from different perspectives and evolving their unique and personal style. And people, we need more folks like these

to keep pushing the crochet envelope and saving the world from toilet paper cozies. So all these amazing (and by the way, really nice) people will be profiled in a new section I'm calling "Meet the Hookers."

I'm aiming for a launch of this new section within a week, so keep your eyes peeled!

And if you know of other deserving hookers who should join this illustrious group, contact me here.

Bye for now!

No comments: