Saturday, February 7, 2009

Snail Update


So here it is: EZ's Snail Hat, in all its badly finished glory! I made more errors on this than even I care to admit, but there ya go. It started well, but finished crappily. But I was thankful for its warmth on some of the colder days this past week, and I will continue to wear it as Winter dictates.

And because it went rather quickly, I started on the Maltese Fisherman Hat, another EZ pattern from the Knitter's Almanac. The below is a squashed side view. As you can see, it's basically a helmet that will end with a "tassel of your dreams" to quote Ms. Zimmerman. I actually have plans to embellish this sucker considerably. I find its resemblance to WWII knitting projects in its utilitarian design
quite charming. But it looks like it might be a fun backdrop to some rather quirky treatment, a la Cabinet of Curiosities. Lard News:
And if you are keeping score, we are now down about 7 pounds total since starting with weightwatchers. I'm still finding it easy, overall, so I'm sticking with it. I'm clinging to grandiose dreams of going sleeveless this summer and of not chafing my thighs as I walk. Lofty, I know, but these are the dreams that can move mountains. Of lard.

2 comments:

Crafty Christina said...

That hat looks great! I can't tell that you made any errors at all.

Congrats on the weight loss!

Anonymous said...

You keep that purdy head warm, missus.
thanks so much for the comment on my site - fair did make me blub.
loves to ya
rockpool candy